2015 Alcorn State University Piano Competition
March 7th, 2015
Trinity Episcopal Church
305 South Commerce St.
Open to all pianists from across the United States who satisfy the following criteria:
- Level 1 - 8 to 10 years old
- Level 2 - 11 to 13 years old
- Level 3 - 14 to 17 years old
- Level 4 - Undergraduate Collegiate (18-24)
- Level 5 - Adult Amateur
* Previous first place winners in each age level are not allowed to compete in the same
level. (They may compete in a higher division if they are eligible.)
* Competitors in the Adult Amateur category may not possess degrees in music.
* Competitors in the Collegiate category must be undergraduate students.
* The Competition Committee reserves the right to move a competitor up a level,
based on repetoire, regardless of age.
* Judges's relatives or students are not eligible to compete the year they judge.
- Level 1 - Two contrasting works (5 -10 minutes total)
- Level 2 - Two contrasting works (10-15 minutes total)
- Level 3 - Two contrasting works (10-15 minutes total)
- Level 4 - Three contrasting works (15-20 minutes total)
- Level 5 - One or two pieces (5-10 minutes total). Memorization not required.
- All repertoire must be performed by memory (except for music written after 1950).
Level 5 competitors are exempt from this regulation
- Single movements are accepted
- Each contestant must provide a copy of the performed music to the judges
- All music scores will be returned to the contestants after the completion of their performance
Deadline To Apply:
March 1, 2015. All registration forms must be postmarked by this date.
Please include the application fee ($25) with the registration form.
Checks payable to: ASU Foundation, Piano Competition.
Click Here for the Registration Form
March 7th - 10 am, competition begins
Awards ceremony follows the competitors' performances in each age division
All events held at the Trinity Episcopal Church in Natchez, MS
|Level 1:||1st Place:||$ 75|
|2nd Place:||$ 50|
|3rd Place:||$ 25|
|Level 2:||1st Place:||$125|
|2nd Place:||$ 75|
|3rd Place:||$ 50|
|Level 3:||1st Place:||$250|
|Level 4:||1st Place:||$350|
|Level 5:||Winner will receive a trophy|
- Dr. Ian Hominic, The University of Mississipi
- Dr. Karl Ettinger, Seminole State College
- Professor James Kelley, Tulane University
To make a tax deductible contribution supporting the ASU Piano Competition, the young stars of tomorrow, and the future of music in our community, please write a check to ASU Foundation, Piano Competition, and mail to:
ASU Piano Competition
Attn: Dr. David Goldblatt
Fine Arts Department,
1000 ASU Drive, #29
Alcorn State, MS 39096
For questions regarding the ASU Piano Competition, please contact Dr. David Goldblatt, Chair of the ASU Piano Competition, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org